miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2018

My Favourite Subject

Hi Everyone!
Today I´m going to talk about a subject that I enjoyed studing this semester. My favourite subject is "Scientific and clinical basis for the diagnosis II". This subject is very complete because it covers different branches of science that have to be applied in the clinic, in order to make diagnoses of diseases. The areas that are studied are; biochemistry, physiology, radiology, pathology, clinical semiology, microbiology and the specialties of cariology and periodontics.

At the beginning of the semester, we started with biochemistry studying the different properties of the cells and their relationship with systemic and oral diseases. We also study in depth the systemic diseases that may have an impact on oral diseases such as diabetes, chronic kidney disease, hypertension, gastritic diseases such as gastro-oesophageal reflux, ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease, seizure disorders and anemia.

Another very interesting part of the subject was the study of the different laboratory tests to control the health of the patients.

In the last part we have been studying about the two most prevalent oral diseases in the Chilean population; caries and periodontal disease.We analyze what is the origin of the disease, how it affects the oral tissues, how to diagnose this disease and what kind of treatment we can indicate to the patients.


I really like this subject because it allows me to understand how diseases act and how we can diagnose and prevent them.

3 comentarios:

English Language Challenges

Hi Everyone! Today I´m going to talk about my experience learning english at university.  For me it was a very good experience. At school...