miércoles, 30 de mayo de 2018

The reason why I am not a Typical Woman

Gender stereotypes is a very controversial topic these days due to feminist protests that have challenged these stereotypes. The role of women in society has changed over time.


When I was a child, I imagined my future as a doctor and working independently. I did not imagine myself as a housewife. Currently, I do all kinds of house works because that makes me an independent person, but I´m not going to dedicate myself to that all my life. 

I always liked studying. My dream was to enter university. At school, I had good marks but some teachers told me that I wrote ugly, like a man. I was surprised, but I did not change my writing because I am left-handed and it made me feel better to write like that. 

In the case of my family, my mother and my grandmother taught me to be an independent woman. My grandmother widowed when she was forty years old and had three children. She had to build a house and a mini-market to pay for the education of her children. She was mother and father at the same time.

The older siblings of my mother left and she stayed to live with my grandmother, both worked together to get ahead. My mother worked for five years in a shopping centre and then went to study design in haute couture. She has a very strong character, and some people have told her that she has the character of a man. But in the same time she is very elegant woman and her work is very feminine.

Then I understood that the gender stereotypes are still very marked in our society but my family taught me that we can do all kinds of things and not limit ourselves.  We must change this stereotypes.  


3 comentarios:

  1. Hopefully the stereotypes are changing

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love how your family taught and teach you that you are free and the most important is be yourself! In my case I've been learning that by myself <3

    ResponderEliminar

English Language Challenges

Hi Everyone! Today I´m going to talk about my experience learning english at university.  For me it was a very good experience. At school...